JMB36X IDE Setup locking up Vista 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

drneves7

I have vista 64 Ultimate and it just started locking up on start up.

I found the culprit in my start up list. But this seems to be of some importance especially since eventually I would like to mess around with raid.

But when I disable this my pc works fine if it is enabled it boots up and all looks normal but I am unable to do anything. I can move the mouse around and click on stuff but nothing opens etc.

Startup Item;
JMB36X IDE Setup

Manufacturer;
Unknown

Command;
C:\Windows\RaidTool\xinsIDE.exe

Location;
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Thanks Dominic

If it works in safe mode, go to Device Manager and uninstall the JMicron controller. Let it detect it as "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller", it works much better. At least that's my experience - nothing but problems when trying to install any JMicron drivers.

Which motherboard are you using? I think my P5N-D used to have the same problem when I had it... JMicron drivers gave me such a headache. Unfortunately, there usually aren't two different IDE controllers on one board (i.e. both JMicrons) so it can be a real pain to get working properly. Even the nvidia drivers were buggy on that board. So glad I got rid of it lol.

If it works in safe mode, go to Device Manager and uninstall the JMicron controller. Let it detect it as "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller", it works much better. At least that's my experience - nothing but problems when trying to install any JMicron drivers.

Right on thanks I will check that out!!

Which motherboard are you using? I think my P5N-D used to have the same problem when I had it... JMicron drivers gave me such a headache. Unfortunately, there usually aren't two different IDE controllers on one board (i.e. both JMicrons) so it can be a real pain to get working properly. Even the nvidia drivers were buggy on that board. So glad I got rid of it lol.

I am using a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P.

Thanks a bunch Dominic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back