Job listing suggests Last of Us 2 will come to PC

midian182

Staff member
Rumor mill: The PlayStation has long been home to some awesome exclusive games, but it’s looking as if more are coming to PC. One of these might be The Last of Us 2, the upcoming sequel to the PS3/PS4 title that encouraged many people to buy one of Sony's consoles.

The Last of Us 2 is set to launch on the PlayStation 4 this May 29, and it will also likely land on the PS5 when the next-gen machine arrives this holiday season. But a new LinkedIn job posting looking for a new LoU2 team member hints that the game is also coming to PC.

The graphics programmer listing asks for thorough understanding of AMD GCN and Nvidia CUDA architecture, as well as experience with DirectX12, Vulkan, and other modern graphics or compute APIs. It also specifies experience in console or PC programming.

Asking for knowledge of Nvidia architecture is interesting, as it's AMD who provides the GPUs in the PS4 and PS5, while experience in PC programming and DirectX12 also suggests a PC port could arrive in the future.

The listing is no guarantee that we’ll see The Last of Us 2 on PC, of course; it could just be that the company wants someone with extensive knowledge in multiple areas.

We are seeing more formerly exclusive PlayStation games hit the PC. After months of rumors, Kojima Productions announced that Death Stranding would be coming to the platform this summer. There’s also Detroit: Become Human, and the excellent Horizon: Zero Dawn is reportedly set to launch on the PC later this year. Fingers crossed for God of War and Bloodborne.

Permalink to story.

What the **** is Sony playing at? I'm planning on getting PS5 but why bother if this is what they doing now?.....

I hope Sony is taking a page out of MS's playbook. I would love to see them embrace PC as yet another platform (now that they've finally conceded on allowing cross-platform play).

Though I suspect they'll look into their own PC storefront if it becomes profitable enough...

Wasnt a fan of TLoU, felt boring imo and like it wanted to be a movie so I just watched a youtube playthrough.

but, if the sequel hits pc that means I can use a trainer and just abuse my way through the game:) I dont know sony's plan but if this is the future of their exclusives I'm kinda happy.

What's wrong with more options? I don't think it will negatively impact the PS5 version if it is true.

I dont mind this at all, I would actually like it as it would save me $500 but I would like to know Sony's plan that's all

Ah got it. I know what you mean, bought a PS4 and barely use it. Wish I never bought it tbh.

Same.

Uncharted 4 is the last PS exclusive I'm paying full price for, for it to come down to bargain bin prices few months later. For a single play through.

Picked up Spiderman from Redbox for 10 bucks last week. Was great. Best way to experience a PS4 exclusive, buy it 6-12months later at bargain prices. While Nintendo exclusives still sell full price 4 years down the road.

Sadly both my xbox and ps4 didn't get used like my past consoles got used. PC FTW.

The Nintendo Switch has by far been my fav Console ever. If only more old school Nintendo games would make their way to it. Would love Mario Party 2 from the n64. Me and my GF take it everywhere.

Sony needs a Gamepass that also covers PC gamers.

I'm in the same boat as others here. There are some awesome games on PS4 and was planning on getting PS5, but with some of these games like Detroit Become Human, Horizon Zero Dawn, LOU2, coming to PC it's makes me take pause. I don't how well God of War 4 would be on PC, in terms of controls. I found Dark Souls unplayable with KB and mouse, needs a controller IMO, and GOW4, Days Gone, Bloodborne won't come to PC IMO.

I hope Sony is taking a page out of MS's playbook. I would love to see them embrace PC as yet another platform (now that they've finally conceded on allowing cross-platform play).

Though I suspect they'll look into their own PC storefront if it becomes profitable enough...

Supporting PC is great, but as Windows belongs to Microsoft, at some point they can do whatever they want with gaming industry. I would like to see some efforts from Microsoft in contributing to Linux API, because Windows 10 is actually also an exclusive paid platform. For now I wouldn't say that MS supports PC, it just unifies two platforms that belongs to them.

Last edited:
Ah got it. I know what you mean, bought a PS4 and barely use it. Wish I never bought it tbh.

I got the Pro and I have played some games on it but nowhere near as much as I played the One X, but ever since I got my PC ( November 2018 ) both of them gathering dust because PC is the best way to play : - )

I got the Pro and I have played some games on it but nowhere near as much as I played the One X, but ever since I got my PC ( November 2018 ) both of them gathering dust because PC is the best way to play : - )

Gimme that 144Hz any day!!!!

Back