Judge rejects Apple's trademark complaint over Amazon's Appstore

Matthew

TS Evangelist
A California federal judge has dismissed part of an Apple complaint that accused Amazon of violating a trademark on the name "App Store." The iPhone-maker filed suit in March 2011 following the launch of Amazon's "Appstore," alleging that the similar...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/51215-judge-rejects-apples-trademark-complaint-over-amazons-appstore.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

captaincranky

TechSpot Addict
Aw...., there's no joy in Muddville , (oops, I mean Cupertino), tonight.:(

Not to mention there are likely lawyers heads rolling all over the boardroom floor....:eek:

BlueDrake

TS Evangelist
Man I dislike Apple for their little games.
Apple is all about these little games. Especially when they lack originality. Their icon and leader is gone, what can they do to lead the company now? It's obvious they can go with the iPhone / iPad, etc for a while. Just it's so old hat after so long, I'm sure everyone's going to be sick of it.

captaincranky

TechSpot Addict
Apple is all about these little games. Especially when they lack originality. Their icon and leader is gone, what can they do to lead the company now? It's obvious they can go with the iPhone / iPad, etc for a while. Just it's so old hat after so long, I'm sure everyone's going to be sick of it.
"Wham-O" had a bit of a lull after "inventing" the "Hula Hoop". Poor company, never did quite reach its former glory after that. (Sorry for the possibly fractured ancient history rant).

Pan Wah

TS Enthusiast
"Wham-O" had a bit of a lull after "inventing" the "Hula Hoop". Poor company, never did quite reach its former glory after that. (Sorry for the possibly fractured ancient history rant).
I remember! - they went on to have great success with the "Frisbee", after a lawsuit forced them to withdraw the "Friswasp".