1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Kazaa rising from its grave

By Matthew · 4 replies
Jul 20, 2009
  1. You remember Kazaa, don’t you? The malware riddled P2P file sharing service of yesteryear? It went defunct around 2006 after being forced to pay $100-plus million in damages to the record industry. In accordance with that agreement, Kazaa’s owner, Sharman Networks vowed to convert the program to a legal music download service.

Read the whole story

2. I give it about a year. When it comes to subscription-based music services, you have to make the pricing competitive. And I don't think picture sharing offsets the higher costs. Most people already have many other ways of sharing those.

3. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,329   +273

Agreed there... It's just more of the same thing you can get many other places, at a higher price... Why would anyone even bother?

4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,628   +688

Thanks, but no thanks (interesting to hear the name Kazaa again though - thought it was long dead). Pricing is too high for the service.

5. oh boy, i can't wait, i can put all my kazaa posters again and dowload pictures and documents too. oh boy. only $20 a month. i can earn that in only 4 hours. oh boy

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.