Keyboard/Power issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
I followed your earlier advice about how to re-install windows xp on my comp, and it worked fine. However, the computer rebooted and now my keyboard wont work aside from the a button which then causes the file menu to drop down. Also, it will randomly shut off. I was wondering if any of y'all know whats wrong, and what I can do to try and fix it?
Thanks alot.

whsballin said:
Hey guys,
I followed your earlier advice about how to re-install windows xp on my comp, and it worked fine. However, the computer rebooted and now my keyboard wont work aside from the a button which then causes the file menu to drop down. Also, it will randomly shut off. I was wondering if any of y'all know whats wrong, and what I can do to try and fix it?
Thanks alot.
The keyboard is shorting out the 5V power output from the PS2 port, turn the computer off, completely disconnect the power cord to your computer, unplug the keyboard, then re-plug it back in while making sure it is plug in snuggly.

Wait 5 minutes then power your computer back up. If your problem go away completely, then remember not plugging things in or out of your PS2 connectors while power is on.

If the problem didn't go away, the 5V regulator on the mobo for your PS2 ports is going dead or the keyboard has had it.

The same thing applied to USB ports though they aren't as bad about power and plugging things in or out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back