Keyboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

im not sure where to put this...but everytime i turn on my computer i get an error, it says no keyboard is connected and all the lights are on..on the kb, the caps, scroll and num lock, is there anyway to fix this? eveyrtime i turn on the computer i have to unplug and plug it back in..btw my board is the asus a7n8x-x...

What OS are you running? Does the keyboard come up as working properly in device manager?

what connection does it use PS/2 or USB, if it is USB have you got the appropraite BIOS options set (e.g. Enable USB Legacy Keyboard Support etc.).

If it works when you get into Windows, don't worry about the error message, you can simply set it to ignore all errors in the Basic Configuration section of the BIOS

Originally posted by Th3M1ghtyD8
what connection does it use PS/2 or USB, if it is USB have you got the appropraite BIOS options set (e.g. Enable USB Legacy Keyboard Support etc.).

If it works when you get into Windows, don't worry about the error message, you can simply set it to ignore all errors in the Basic Configuration section of the BIOS

i am using a PS/2 keyboard, and it's not even about windows, right when the computer starts up, it says no keyboard detected, and i have to unplug it, then plug it back in

If you don't unplug it ( as the error message shows up ), does it still work in Windows ? If yes, you can disable the error message at POST in the BIOS. Sometimes that error message will prevent the system from booting ( No keyboard detected, press f1 to continue...:rolleyes: ).

In certain BIOSes it is under the mention "Report Keyboard Errors" & on others it is something like "Stop on all errors".

*Edit* Is the keyboard plugged in the proper port & not in the mouse PS2 port ? The keyboard one is purple & closer to the motherboard. I'm not making fun of you or anything, that happens to me sometimes when I plugged them in without looking at what I'm doing.:blackeye:

nope, if i press f1, to continue anyway, it doesn't work, and yes it's connected to the right port, i only unplug the keyboard then plug it back in, i don't touch the mouse

Have another kb to test on that machine? Could either be your PS/2 connecter on the mobo or the keyboard. What if you don't unplug it and just wiggle it a bit?

I know giving up is never the desired solution, but if it becomes too much of a pain you could always get a cheap usb keyboard.

Unplugging and or plugging in your PS2 keyboard with the power on can blow your PS2 port, if it hasn't already. I would defiantly try a different keyboard. May be time to get a new USB keyboard.

I believe you could change the "halt on" setting in the BIOS to "all but keyboard". This may let you get past that error.

Yes, set that option alph stated and go into windows..see if it works there.

And you may have toasted your PS/2 slot by unplugging and plugging in while power is on, so you might have to get a USB keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back