Laptop DDR3 only running at 675 MHz

oldikes

I cant see anything in my bios related to ram, so I got this from CPU-Z.

it says that the 6GB DDr3 in my laptop is running at 675 MHz. Maybe its just me, but I didnt think DDR3 was supposed to run that slowly. it concerns my because im using a Liano APU and fast memory is a big deal. I was thinking of upgrading to 8GB and was just wondering if it was maybe a motherboard limitation (which would suck) or its somehow just slow ram..any thoughts on this?

Depends what you're doing, try monitoring your RAM usage to see if you're running out of RAM. But if you were you'd most likely know that already because your laptop would be running extremely slow.

Check your manual/product website to see if you can upgrade the RAM, some laptops are non-upgradeable.

Well I just went into skyrim with textures on high, and AA n x2, and I only get about 600 MB free.draw distances are pretty low and stuff. in open world (outside of a city or room) only 200 MB are free. If I turn the res up to 1600 by 900 and AA to x4 and draw distances up to the half way mark (which looks pretty dang nice) I get only about 100 left. in 1080p with 4x antialiasing, I get less than 80 free in open world. Would this be causing a slow down?
(all info recieved from task manager)
it runs fine with textures on high and AA in x2 for the most part.

Bump? would -100 MB of ram left cause a slowdown? it doesnt seem like it would, but I just want to make sure.

Well some games "reserve" the system RAM and it looks like it's being used in Windows task manager. When I upgraded from 6 to 12GB my RAM usage when playing some games jumped to 10GB, but they ran fine when I only had 6GB. If you hit a RAM limitation you'd know about it cuz your computer would pretty much grind to a halt.

Back