Laptop freezes/restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonea

Hello,

I'm having trouble with my laptop! About 2 weeks ago I turned it on and it kept freezing while I was trying to do simple things like go on the internet etc., so i kept turning it off and back on. every time i get to the desktop it will either freeze or restart. about 75% it restarts my screen goes black but the hdd is still spinning.

so far i have:
- checked the RAM and it is good
- checked the temperature of my computer it is staying mostly between 50-55c. I know that that is a bit high for a laptop, but i'm not sure if it is high enough to mess me computer up?
- ive reformatted my hard drive
- ive taken my memory out and switched slots just incase something might have become lose in the past, you never know
- ive also cleaned my fan out

As of right now, my computer was just flashing the bios splash screen for a split second and then it will go black, while the hdd is still spinning. Right now it is completly black with the hdd still spinning.

does anyone know what may be happening and how im able to fix it?

Yes, I have tried all of these things. I usualy google a whole bunch before posting on a board as my last hope! haha.

yes, i cleaned my fan out, bought a cooling pad to set my laptop on. at this point...i figure it is nothing to do with heating because i cant even get my screen to turn on! its just black, but everything is running, both hdd and fan.

ive scanned it for errors and turned off the automatic restart in the past.

im at a lost. could this be a hardware issue? if so, what do you think it might be?

Remove all power
Hold down on switch for 30 secs
re-fit power lead
Turn on

so is it still getting to Windows and then failing?
If so you may want to try check disk from a safe mode command chkdsk /r
And possible a repair option for Windows

Good point

CheckDisk can basically fail (completely) a failing hard drive
By any means, try backing up data first (it is possible - ie removing the drive and fitting an adaptor to plug into a pc as a slave)

no cigar, i cant see anything...but this is interesting...i am looking at my screen while my computer is on and i can very faintly see windows running on my screen, but it is barely visible! and when i turn my computer off...my desktop is still there, but you almost have to squint to even notice anything is on there, haha.

so, i start it up...it flickers for a brief second to normal color on the bios splash screen and then goes to this crazy ridiculously dark color.

I wonder if this is the inverter board (behind the screen and bezel)
This small electronic board, can cause the screen to go blank or dark

So how's your hardware experience?

hm, my hardware experince in laptops is pretty limited, but im able to dig in there and see if something can be done! i mean, im able to identify parts inside my laptop. at this point...i feel like my laptop sucks and if i mess something up physically in it, im not too worried hahha.

so, what'd ya suggest?

ive got no idea where my manual is! haha. but i dont know..before i do this...is a bad graphics card out of the question?

so many posts but no laptop model was told. what's the model of laptop? this is first thing to start discussing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back