Laptop keyboard home key "stuck"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've troubleshooted my laptop for the past few days and finally realized why typing on it has been so frustrating. My laptop seems to be spamming the home key so it makes it impossible to type. My key isn't physically stuck either. It presses down fine etc etc

I've tried taking off the key and cleaning it, i took apart of the laptop and took off the keyboard and dusted it off with a tissue.

It seems that when i hold down my function key it all types well but i can't do that obviously.

Things to note i have an HP and a chopped version of XP. plan on buying windows 7 too because updating drivers without being able to run windows update is a pain. thanks.

I'm sure theres more you guys need to know but thats all i can think of.

Update, not sure why or how but it seems that WoW is causing the issue. as soon as I enter the game i start experiencing the spam of my home key and when i exit everything is perfectly fine. Still might take my keyboard off again and clean.

update, seems like holding down function key helps, really stuck on what this could be. any advice appreciated

Hey, there is a way to disable the keys on the keyboard.. being a laptop it may be a little more difficult but if you want to add me to MSN I can attempt to walk you through disabling the HOME key on your keyboard to see about fixing your issue..

By the way I have personally done and tested this, it does work, any keys you need disabling, tell me here or send me a private message on my profile and I can step you through how to disable a specific key. (Note: This is for Windows machines only, not tested on Macs or Linux machines as they have different coding.)

if it only happens during 1 event like a game, you have a virius. if it happens all the time, you have a hardware issue which can be fixed easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back