Keyboard / Mouse Laptop keyboard is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtK SpAdE

Well I got my Asus s96j, and life has been great.

Until,

The keyboard starting getting things wrong.

When I type an o I instead get a 3. This happends with about half of the keys.

Being this is the first real laptop I have owned, I started flipping out. What if I have to send it back!!

But before I really flip out. I need to rule out a few things, of course.

1. Can someone point me in the direction of a standard windows keyboard driver? Im currently using the standard ones, but heck this might work.

2. Is there some sort of remapping program that I can use, to maybe correct this?

3. If not, can you buy new keyboard inserts for laptops?

swker98

you didnt by anychance get any type of liquid near or in the keyboard, because this happioned to my keyboard when i spilt water on it, also was there anyt phical abuse done to iit at all

does the onscrren keyboard work aswell as an external one??

altheman

Make sure you havent got Num Lock on. Some smaller compact laptops switch letters for numbers when it is switched on.

Peddant

Some ideas -

1.System Restore

2.There is a keyboard remapper HERE Not sure that will fix anything,though.

3.System file checker Start/Run SFC /SCANNOW

LNCPapa

TS Special Forces
Many times it will involve some sort of function lock feature. It will probably be a combination of the Fn key (if you have one) and some other series of keystrokes to stop it. I've had this happen to me a few times and realized I was causing it - but I can't remember how to fix it as it was a long time ago on an older laptop.

AtK SpAdE

altheman said:
Make sure you havent got Num Lock on. Some smaller compact laptops switch letters for numbers when it is switched on.

Wow that was it. Like I said, this was the first laptop I have ever owned (besides some old scrap systems) I did notice some bluish numbers on the letters but I assumed they were used by the Fn key (as it is blue as well)

Thanks to all.

altheman

lol, its an easy mistake to make. I ws confused as well when I got my laptop and numbers kept appearing instead of letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.