• 15.6-inch 1,920 x 1,080-pixel IPS display 120Hz
  • Intel Core i7-7700HQ
  • Windows 10 Home
  • 4GB DDR4 RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5 VRAM
  • 128GB PCIE Gen3X4 SSD
  • 1TB SeaGate FireCuda SSHD
  • 2.5kg
My problem is the laptop is lagging frequently. During browser, open file and the most annoying was during watching movie. if movie, then it will suddenly refresh the whole screen(became black for a second). however, there is nothing when playing games.
someone help me please. is it RAM or the laptop itself the problem?

Recent purchase? Malware? Start with thorough anti-malware testing. No malware? Strongly suggest you contact support at ASUS - if only to document need for a warranty claim.

You might want to see what's using all your resources. https://www.howtogeek.com/school/using-windows-admin-tools-like-a-pro/lesson6/
It's also possible you are suffering from "Memory Leaks" https://www.pcgamer.com/dealing-with-memory-leaks/
Have you always had this problem?? Let us know how things go.
memory leaks, thats mean I need to add more RAM?
btw, the video that lag will crash sometimes, than refresh the whole screen and than turn white. it can only play good on the 'microsoft film and tv program' only

memory leaks, thats mean I need to add more RAM?
btw, the video that lag will crash sometimes, than refresh the whole screen and than turn white. it can only play good on the 'microsoft film and tv program' only
No It doesn't mean you need to add more RAM. A memory leak is when a program doesn't release the memory when it should. I'm not very good at describing these things. See if this helps.
In a situation with a memory leak, RAM gets allocated to the software but is not freed up when no longer needed. It’s akin to the memory getting stuck in a roach trap—“Roaches get in, but they can’t get out.” As this continues, a large chunk or even a system’s entire complement of RAM can be tied up in this dysfunctional process.

Last edited:
"No malware. I want to claim warranty, but I dont think they can change the unit right?"
'no malware'...So, I gather that you have used several anti-malware programs to check your system and there is no indication of infection....yes?

'I want to claim warranty' - There is a process. Locate and review the warranty which comes with your purchase. It is a contract. Typically, the warrantor has you test your item to show that it has a failure state unrelated to your use (and misuse) of the item. Then you obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) which needs to accompany the item which you return (typically at your expense) to a repair depot. After some time (days, weeks??), you will usually receive a re-conditioned item in replacement - which hopefully works.

Sometimes the vendor (the outfit that sold you the item) offers immediate exchange or immediate refund. Examine your transaction and documentation including packing slip and invoice.

IANAL, but I have done this a good number of times over the decades. Read your documentation, make notes, make copies, take photos, use reliable shipper, require receipt on delivery and it should work out for you.

No It doesn't mean you need to add more RAM. A memory leak is when a program doesn't release the memory when it should. I'm not very good at describing these things. See if this helps.
In a situation with a memory leak, RAM gets allocated to the software but is not freed up when no longer needed. It’s akin to the memory getting stuck in a roach trap—“Roaches get in, but they can’t get out.” As this continues, a large chunk or even a system’s entire complement of RAM can be tied up in this dysfunctional process.
Alright, I understand. Thanks. I will try to install the clean program and try it.

"No malware. I want to claim warranty, but I dont think they can change the unit right?"
'no malware'...So, I gather that you have used several anti-malware programs to check your system and there is no indication of infection....yes?

'I want to claim warranty' - There is a process. Locate and review the warranty which comes with your purchase. It is a contract. Typically, the warrantor has you test your item to show that it has a failure state unrelated to your use (and misuse) of the item. Then you obtain an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) which needs to accompany the item which you return (typically at your expense) to a repair depot. After some time (days, weeks??), you will usually receive a re-conditioned item in replacement - which hopefully works.

Sometimes the vendor (the outfit that sold you the item) offers immediate exchange or immediate refund. Examine your transaction and documentation including packing slip and invoice.

IANAL, but I have done this a good number of times over the decades. Read your documentation, make notes, make copies, take photos, use reliable shipper, require receipt on delivery and it should work out for you.

I call the company, and they ask me to go to the nearby branches for their technician to take a look. It might hurt if it will take a few weeks because I need to use it right now. But, I will go to repair it I think

thanks

Back