Laptop Mouse solution greatly needed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I'm new here and I have a tech problem. Please, I'd like to say in advance, that when responding explain it in layman's terms, and as detailed as you can be, because I'm new at this.

So I have a laptop computer, a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 model, with XP/PS2. It's not a touchpad mouse, but uses the one blue thing in the center, that looks like a nipple (best way to describe it). One moment it was working fine, the next moment it stopped working. The cursor started flashing on one corner of my screen, or it would start traveling all over the board on it's own, now it's stuck going only up and down. I tried to use a usb mouse, that only works for a limited time and then it goes back to acting out of wack. and is stuck only going up and down. The cursor on the screen.

I checked both devices and their both working properly apparently. I've turned the computer on and off and it still doesn't work. I don't know if I have to use the reprogramming disks to probably help if it's some software complication. I want to mention about a year ago this had occurred and I had to return it to the tech guys to fix it, when I was still in warranty. But now I'm not in warranty and it's a bit pricey to fix it, when I want to see if I can do it myself, or if I'd have to take it to a tech guy.

If anyone here can help me, I'd be really grateful, thanks in advance.

VB

It sounds like "the nipple" (hehe, nice one) is stuck... But first, lets rule out a software problem. Go to start>settings>control panel>mouse. Make sure all settings are correct. My settings are:

clicklock off
swap mouse buttons off
scheme: windows default
enhance on
snap to off
visibility off on off
hardware: make sure right mouse is selected.

If this is all right, I dont think its a software problem.

You may have to open the laptop up and "unstuck" the nipple

Regards,

Korrupt

korrupt said:
It sounds like "the nipple" (hehe, nice one) is stuck... But first, lets rule out a software problem. Go to start>settings>control panel>mouse. Make sure all settings are correct. My settings are:

clicklock off
swap mouse buttons off
scheme: windows default
enhance on
snap to off
visibility off on off
hardware: make sure right mouse is selected.

If this is all right, I dont think its a software problem.

You may have to open the laptop up and "unstuck" the nipple

Regards,

Korrupt
Hiya Korrupt,

Thanks for the quick reply. It's my only good description. :D Oh, I checked everything you listed, and my defaults are the same, haven't been touched, and in the hardware section it says the device is working properly. I didn't know the nipple was stuck.

What I need is for you to tell me the tools that I'll need and I'll go to radioshack and get them, if their specific tools---or if you know someplace better, and hopefully cheaper. And also if you can give me detailed instructions on what I have to do without damaging my comp, like turn comp off and even if I have to take out the battery, since I don't want to do anything to mess up the comp.

Also would you be able to tell me what I have to do to have my nipple remain unstuck, in future?!
Also, should I get a professional to do this also?! Or is it not hard to do?

Thanks for the reply and helping me, really grateful.

VB

I said, there is a chance the nipple is stuck. But I am not 100% sure... it shouldnt however hurt at all to check it, and since its out of warranty it wont void it. You'll probably only need a small phillips screwdriver and perhaps a pair of needlenose pliers. I dont have a lot of experience with laptops but you should simple be able to unscrew the bottom (take out the battery yes) and take it off... As I said I have no experience here but it should be pretty straight forward. You will probably after reaching the nipple simply need to siggle it a bit. I dont know how to stop the nipple from getting stuck again, but you could try a tiny teeny bit of water based lubricant. I would also recomend using your usb mouse instead of the nipple since they can often cause problems.

Good luck mate, sorry I couldnt be of any more help.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back