Laptop power issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoon Head

Everybody knows its kinda detrimental to use your laptop while simultaneously charging it, and a lot of problems can be solved by removing the battery and adapter and then pressing the power button for around thirty seconds.

I have had major issues with my laptop booting up. I have to repeatedly switch it on while each time it gets a little furthere into the bottup process. starting with a blank screen, then finallly no integerated inpupt devices working and once or twice more to resolve that.

I have been doing the charge removal thing and it has improved the situation considerably, i only have to start it up like three times. whether that will improve now as time goes on idont know.

Im shocked though that it can make such a difference, does anybody know a way to resolve this? i.e replace battery or power adapter?

Sometimes just reseating the components (Like HardDrive and Ram cards) will help

But the best option is to fully dismantle it, then clean the removed Motherboard with Circuit Board Cleaner (allow to dry for 2 days), then re-connect all the connections, and then re-assemble it

Dangerous! But should work :)

Yeahh sounds risky and tbh a lot of hassle, but im due a new laptop anyway. so when that comes ill definitly try that out if it helps.

Oh forgot to mention it's not the Battery or Power Adaptor

And if you do try it (one day) let us know the result with a new reply here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back