Laptop randomly beeps at times

Hi! My laptop, a Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5320, often gives beeps randomly at random times. The first time it beeped, nothing happened. The second and other times, while I was playing a game, it froze for a split second then continued as normal.
The beeps aren’t overly loud too. I’ve checked meters that show CPU, RAM, and SWAP usage, and they don’t change drastically or go up super high.
The times it beeps is random too, one time it was half a second, and the other time it went three times. The computer isn’t overheating either, since it doesn’t turn off and the base doesn’t get hotter than normal. It doesn’t beep at startup either.
I’m really confused on why this happens, and I’m concerned it will stop working at some point, so I hope to fix it.

Last edited:
My guess is GPU touching temperature limits. Locate a utility to monitor as you play. Since this laptop dates back 5-6 years, it may be dust buildup under the ventilation hood...and it may be time for a thorough cleaning - including fresh thermal pads for RAM and thermal paste for the CPU as well... see videos on YouTube for your model.

Edit: Seems you do not need thermal pads based on video I watched.

Last edited:
Beeping is normally connected with your RAM Drives but if running and still do that then I think its might be your motherboard problem

Back