Laptop Restarts when in port replicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a sony viao which restarts all of a sudden when I plug it into my port replicator. Otherwise it works fine.

I checked the log and it gives me "ds1410d service failed to start" error log. It seems like a hardware device is looking to load the driver.

Can I post a minidump from that laptop and somebody willing to help me?

Thanks
Muhy

muhy said:
Can I post a minidump from that laptop and somebody willing to help me?
Sure, but it sounds like you already know what's causing the problem. Just a generic suggestion, but maybe your laptop manufacturer has some newer software/drivers for your laptop dock that you can download. This may resolve your issue.

Thanks Rick. The problem is I dont know which hardware device is causing the malfunction. I checked vaio's site and searched for the error but couldnt find anything. I really dont know which driver to update. So thats why I was wondering if anyone can help me out.

After a quick search, I've noticed that ds1410d seems like it is related to FlexLM licensing which is used for a number of products. It may use a dongle (a piece of hardware that usually plugs into the parallel or USB port) which enforces copyright protection.

If you have any professional applications such as AutoCAD, Dreamweaver, Maya etc.. This is possibly related.

The port replicator probably adds a parallel port, more USB ports and so on, so it makes sense that a service that depends on a dongle in these ports is probably causing an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back