Laptop startup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
i have hp pavilion dv 2000, AMD turion 64 x2 . when i press the power on button, nothing appears on the screen, all lights turn on, fan starts as well. if i shut down manually and try 2 3 times, it starts to work but for that i have to plag in AC adaptor. i have no restart problems.

regards

Try this:

Remove Battery and Charger
Hold down the ON button for 30secs (dispersing all internal power)
Put the Charger back in only
Turn it on
Did it work?
If so, shutdown, and re-install the battery, and continue on

But if it is still faulty, you will need to re-seat the Ram cards, and the HardDrive too, then test again

No, still have problem
i took out ram and hard drive then pressed on button for 30 secs but after connecting charger, the same thing happened (there was no beep sound). Again i powered OFF & ON 2 3 times, the system starts. I have to repeat this process whenever i power ON or restart the laptop.

Could be the ON button (dust and grime can get anywhere)
You may need to clean it (can a bit hard!)
Try compressed air can on the ON button, but ideally dismantling and cleaning would be better

Oh, the more info the better lol :)

Well it could be the Inverter board (this is the electronic board near the screen, inside ofcourse, that controls the brightness! - actually the power, but same result)

Strangely I was just talking about that here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic111702.html

But in your case, I'd suggest plugging in an external Monitor to test with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back