Laptop to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coda22

I am trying to link my new laptop to my Samsung 46" High Definition TV. When I connect the laptop to the TV it has this pink tinge to it and I can't seem to figure out how to mirror my desktop on to the TV screen. I am using a HDMI cable to connect the two but as I said for some reason the color is weird right off the bat and I tried to mess around with the color settings and such under the Nvidia Control Panel but I am not really sure what I'm doing. I was hoping maybe someone on here would have some input. :confused:

No I haven't tried that. I don't have that type of cable. I can't see why HDMI would not work.

yes it should work fine. The VGA to the monitor is one device, but the HDMI is on another controller.
I found this comment elsewhere
>>>Go to setup and change the display to HDMI 480p or 720p or whichever one is native resolution

see this page for a saga of trial an error .

I found that article to be a little confusing. I went into the Nvidia Control Panel and set it to 720p and 1080I which are both formats my TV supports. I had no problem with text or anything, just the color. Maybe I'm just not understanding? I don't know...

Is there anyone out there that is having this same issue. I have looked and looked and tried every setting with no luck. This is so frustrating, I don't know where else to go.

I updated drivers and bios. I contacted Asus and they are suggesting it's a bad HDMI port on the laptop. So, now I have to send it to them and be without my pc for around two weeks : (

I thought of one other thing to look into if you haven't already sent it back. I don't know how it is for PCs (forgot), but when I connect my Macs up to my hdtv through dvi->hdmi I have a place in the display settings where I can set the color profile. To like Adobe something, Apple RGB, and then there is one profile that it somehow had for my tv called SONY TV. So you may want to check into color profiles and see if perhaps its just using one that isn't right for your TV.

YES! Monitors and TVs are RGB, but there are CMYK profiles used for printing.

Wrong default and you get junk :)

I didn't send it back as of yet but I am at work right now so I can't try it out. I know there is a spot that says something about RGB and then the other option is "Y" with a bunch letters mixed in. I can't think of what exactly it says I would have to be looking at it, but when change it to that setting it goes from having a clear picture with the pink tinge to it looking like someone threw up Pepto Bismol inside my TV. I just have this feeling there is nothing wrong with the HDMI port and it's something else. There is another menu when you go to the desktop and and go to Display setting>Advanced Setting>Color Management>Advanced Tab. Inside of there, there is some options but I don't know what they do and only toyed with it slightly. That perhaps could be where my problem is...If someone knows anything about this that would be a huge help.

Well I wound up sending it back. I just got it back last night, which wasn't bad at all, considering I sent it out the previous Monday. They wound up changing the motherboard and now it works fine. Just thought I would let it be known what the outcome was in case any others run into this issue.

Thanks for your reply's.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back