Lara Croft lives on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokem

Saw a post over at UsaToday saying that Lara Croft will have a new look in an upcoming game:

When she re-emerges Wednesday at grand unveiling events in London and San Francisco, the recrafted Croft will be revealed as looking — surprise! — pretty much as she always has.

Her creators at gamemaker Core Design considered changing her entire appearance. Indeed, skintight turquoise tops and khaki shorts have been traded in for darker tones, reminiscent of Angelina Jolie's wardrobe in last year's Lara Croft: Tomb Raider movie. And throughout the new game, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider — The Angel of Darkness, Lara will opt for more casual wear, including jeans.

Full article: http://www.usatoday.com/life/2002/2002-03-20-lara-croft.htm

She doesn't look too different to me...

They need to quit the TombRaider series & try something new. It's really tired & over done :dead:

They have done lots of other stuff. Its just after the film they probably see the money that could be made from all the people that were subjected (I think thats the right word to use here) to the film that might try the game.

Eido games...
  • Commandos2
  • Project Eden
  • Project IGI 2 (in development)
  • Anachronox (RPG)

I do agree with you though, Lara Croft (Laura Cruise originally but Americans have a problem with saying Laura apparently and Cruise changed to Croft to keep the English sound to the name) should be put to bed (no pun intended and no reference to Angelina Jolie intended either).

Originally posted by Didou
They need to quit the TombRaider series & try something new. It's really tired & over done :dead:

Here Here, I never was a tombraider fan...let Lara rest...

Originally posted by Arris
They have done lots of other stuff. Its just after the film they probably see the money that could be made from all the people that were subjected (I think thats the right word to use here) to the film that might try the game.

Eido games...
  • Commandos2
  • Project Eden
  • Project IGI 2 (in development)
  • Anachronox (RPG)

I do agree with you though, Lara Croft (Laura Cruise originally but Americans have a problem with saying Laura apparently and Cruise changed to Croft to keep the English sound to the name) should be put to bed (no pun intended and no reference to Angelina Jolie intended either).

I'm not talking about EIDOS but rather Core Design, the Studio behind the Tombraider Serie. They came out with Project Eden but in many ways it felt like another Tombraider game ...

I haven't seen the movie though, would anyone recommend it ?

Commandos2 was also Core.
And Herdy Gerdy is a break from the norm if ever I saw one.
When you look at Core's back catalogue I definitely agree with you
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider II: Dagger Of Xian
Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft
Tomb Raider Next Generation
Tomb Raider: Chronicles
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
Tombraider III: The Lost Artifact
Tombraider: The Last Revelation

The start of the move is nice as Jolie has a quick shower. :slurp:
Its the sort of movie I would happen to watch if I was bored and there was nothing else on television. I rented it but only because there was nothing else out at blockbuster that was at all appealing at the time.

www.tombraider.com went live today.
To me the games looks like a Metal Gear Solid 2 attempt for the PC, but thats just the impression that I get from the little tiny screen shots.

I have Tomb Raider: Unfinished Business and Tomb Raider II: The Golden Mask!
And my favourite is (and most likely will be) the first one, the original Tomb Raider (with 3dfx patch ;)).

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli

I have Tomb Raider: Unfinished Business and Tomb Raider II: The Golden Mask!
And my favourite is (and most likely will be) the first one, the original Tomb Raider (with 3dfx patch ;)).

Strange enough, even though TR has been out for ages, I haven't finished a single one!!! It tends to get a biit boring after running round and round for a while {g}

Originally posted by lokem
She doesn't look too different to me...

No, she doesn't does she. And reading Gamespots preview gives me an acute sense of déja vù - it's the same old story since every new TR ever.
"While the graphics are getting a marked improvement..." Yeah, right.
"Lara Croft has never looked this good." If I bothered I could dig up exactly the same quote for every TR game after the first one.
"The game will take players to exotic locations like Paris and Prague." You don't say...
How about: "Without any new ideas nor changing the formula one iota Core expects to keep on cashing in on the neverending cashcow forever and ever."
Next game please.

Commandos2 was also Core.
And Herdy Gerdy is a break from the norm if ever I saw one.

The start of the move is nice as Jolie has a quick shower. :slurp:
Its the sort of movie I would happen to watch if I was bored and there was nothing else on television. I rented it but only because there was nothing else out at blockbuster that was at all appealing at the time.

Slight mistake, Commandos was done by Pyro Studios...:)

Doh.. I was sure the box I had at home had core on it...
:(
I was so sure I didn't even double check it :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back