Lenovo hires Ashton Kutcher as product engineer, celebrity endorser

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Product engineer and celebrity endorser typically aren’t two job titles that you’d find on an individual’s resume but that’s the exact role (no pun intended) that actor Ashton Kutcher will fulfill in his new position with Lenovo.

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/54514-lenovo-hires-ashton-kutcher-as-product-engineer-celebrity-endorser.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

G

Lol exactly what I thought. Seems like everyone's smoking something nowadays.

insect

I actually read the whole article and learned a lot about Ashton. As much as I hate his "comedy", he seems to be very bright and actually capable of fulfilling the role.

hitech0101

He did a biopic on jobs,plays a software billionaire on a sitcom this seems like his next movie role than a job.

Julio Franco

Staff member
I think it's a smart marketing move considering Lenovo already produces great hardware all around, they just need to appeal to the masses to give it a try. On the other hand, Kutcher may better not get caught using an iPad or Macbook while at home, otherwise it's going to be a big fail for Lenovo.

Please research this: If I'm correct, Ashton only lasted one semester as a Biochemistry major, before he dropped out under the cloud of academic probation. Nice try though. What exactly did he learn in ninety days? Apparently a language barrier and the starstruck Lenovo thinks that he's a Mechanical or Computer Engineer. An endorsement is all they really have, but just how much of that will translate to sales?