Lenovo intros new ThinkPads, Thunderbolt-equipped Edge S430

Jos

Lenovo is kicking off their CES laptop announcements early with the unveiling of several new laptop computers. The round of announcements includes everything from new B Series laptops at the…

Read the whole story

madboyv1

And I was JUST talking about Lenovo in the HP Spectre teaser article... Guess it's good that I didn't pull the trigger and got that X220 before seeing these new options; Especially the T430u as it seems to be a slightly bigger (but thinner) version of the X220, which I could totally dig. BUT WHY THE CHICLET ISLAND KEYBOARD?~? I love the "standard style" keyboard. Guess I'm just being nit-picky here. Also I'll say this again: with a 14" display, I really hope they have options for resolutions higher than "HD."

nazartp

madboyv1 said:
And I was JUST talking about Lenovo in the HP Spectre teaser article... Guess it's good that I didn't pull the trigger and got that X220 before seeing these new options; Especially the T430u as it seems to be a slightly bigger (but thinner) version of the X220, which I could totally dig. BUT WHY THE CHICLET ISLAND KEYBOARD?~? I love the "standard style" keyboard. Guess I'm just being nit-picky here. Also I'll say this again: with a 14" display, I really hope they have options for resolutions higher than "HD."
I also don't like the island-style keyboards. Just doesn't feel right. As a business user I should expect a lot of comfort for my money. (Can I buy an aftermarket keyboard somewhere and swap it?)

I really like Lenovo, but kind of upset that the only really customizable lineup is the ThinkPad. The rest have preset configurations. And business line-up doesn't really have any options for higher resolution screens. At least as of now.

Also think $1,600 price tag for X1 Hybrid is way too high for the starting point.

madboyv1

The X1 Hybrid sounds like it is for the road/sky warrior business user where they have the time, and money, to be messing around like that and need the multimedia for those long flights/chauffeured rides. :rolleyes:

I mean I'm sure I could get used to the chiclet keyboard, but it still won't be the same.