Lenovo R61i Missing drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a 2nd hand IBM ThinkPad Lenovo r61i some a little while ago. i never got any driver cd's with it but i've installed all the drvers i can find but Device manager still seems to think theres a few things that are missing drivers, could anyone give me a hand.

Base Laptop Specifications :
* Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5450 (1.66 GHz)
* Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium
* 15.4″ WXGA TFT with integrated camera
* 1 GB / 4 GB, DDR2 SDRAM
* 120 GB, Serial ATA
* DVD Recordable, 24X Max
* Bluetooth Version 2.0 + EDR / PAN
* Intel® Graphics Chipset
* Weight 2.91 Kg
* Integrated Gigabit Ethernet

and i know the chipset is Intel GM965 Express

Any ideas? thanks

Go to the IBM support site and download and install the chipset drivers for your model laptop. Did the laptop come with Vista or is this an upgrade from XP?

So you say that there are no drivers on the IBM support site that work for clearing the device manager?

Check if Windows reports any problem devices
  • First make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32
  • Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, then Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy Paste into next post

/* EDIT */

You might also try DriverMax to identify and find drivers (but only if you are running 32-bit Vista- it's so not so good yet at finding 64-bit drivers)

ok. Tell me a couple more bits of info:
=> What BIOS version are you running. When your computer first powers on your BIOS version number should. Or check how to get into the BIOS when it starts to find the BIOS version number
=> Are you currently running 32 or 64 bit Windows?
=> Give Driver Max a try IF you are running 32 bit Windows

Sorry. But looks like still need one more bit of info needed in order to fully ID your system. Is there a "Type"?

If you could go to this IBM page and either:
=> Let it scan for and report on your product number or
=> Select your model and Type and give us that information as well so as to see the correct data for your specific computer

Product: ThinkPad R61i 8932-9TM

I think DriverMax has found what it is :)

Edit: Also, upon inspecting the bottom of this notebook i found a windows vista buisness product key sticker on the bottom :p Had xp when i got it, never realy looked at the bottom untill now haha but i might install Vista n see how it goes

Also DriverMax found what those missing drivers were, so Thanks ;] (Y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back