Lenovo shows Erazer X700 gaming rig with dual GPUs, liquid cooling

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Along with a slew of tablets, notebooks and all-in-one computers, Lenovo has unveiled a new gaming desktop at CES. Due to ship in June for a starting price of $1,499, the Erazer X700 could prove to be a solid option for someone who wants a relatively high-end gaming rig without the going through the hassle of building one themselves or paying the hefty premium that inevitably comes with boutique outfits.

Unfortunately, it's not entirely clear yet what that $1,499 will get you. At the top end of things, the company boasts that it'll offer a third-generation quad-core Intel Core i7 processor and you'll be able to pick between AMD or Nvidia graphics, with the former maxing out at dual Radeon HD 8950s in CrossFire and the latter topping out at two GeForce GTX 660s in SLI -- configurations that should handle most games.

Lenovo also plans to let you install a healthy amount of RAM (we've seen conflicting numbers between 16GB and 32GB -- plenty regardless), as well as up to 4TB of mechanical storage and 256GB of flash storage. The front of the chassis has a case door that hides three spare 5.25-inch bays, a hot-swappable hard drive bay, a DVD burner and a multi-card reader, while there seems to be at least four internal hard drive bays.

lenovo erazer x700 gpus

Aesthetically, the Erazer X700 has an Alienware vibe to it, and it's clear that Lenovo is targeting a similar market. To accompany the high-end hardware, the company has equipped its new desktop with Onekey technology, which lets you overclock your processor at the press of a button without mucking around in the BIOS. As the cherry on top, the processor seems to be cooled by a small self-contained liquid cooling unit.

Permalink to story.

Remember the good old days when you actually had to have real tech knowledge and understanding to build and properly tune custom built PC's? Now everyone and thier sister goes to a forum to get a build list, google's how to put it together and walks around like they are some skilled system builder.

Your not! You don't know ****!

Remember the good old days when you actually had to have real tech knowledge and understanding to build and properly tune custom built PC's? Now everyone and thier sister goes to a forum to get a build list, google's how to put it together and walks around like they are some skilled system builder.

Your not! You don't know ****!

I've built computers since I was 14. It's fun nowadays, but really doesn't take a huge amount of skill.

If you want dual GPU for video editing...... I question what cards you want.

Quadro cards are what you want. Not consumer level GPUs which are offered for the build.

Regardless of it's tech specs, or price, or value, I would not allow something that grotesque looking in my home. Ever.

Im all for gaming cases, but that is completely overboard. what ever happened to nice rectangular cases, maybe a rounded finish at the front, some LEDs and/or cathodes, and A full sized side panel.hasent been an affordable version of that released in years.

From looking at the guts picture, that motherboard hardly has the space for 2 GPU's.

And if they use blower cooler-GPU's, like in the picture, this computer is going to be horrendously loud.

And those 2 nasty fans on the motherboard are going to have to spin seriously fast to actually achieve anything.

Wow nyc case but the interior is **** that thing compared to my dream machine looks like a pc from the 80's wow every ones amazed by the GNU but an alien ware mx18 PC!!!! Performers better so yes I rest my case good try lenovo but not good enough if u want to honour gamers such as my self make something we can work with

Back