Lenovo ThinkPad X100e Notebook Review

Jos

Staff
Mobile computer users that want a small and lightweight system usually have two options: an underpowered netbook or a pricey ultraportable. Lenovo describes the X100e as something in-between, claiming it has the portability and price of a netbook with the power of an ultraportable.

Read the full review at:
https://www.techspot.com/review/322-lenovo-thinkpad-x100e/

Please leave your feedback here.

Fortunately, this can be reversed in the BIOS, but the keyboard labeling would still be incorrect.
Fortunately, the CTRL and FN keys are the same size, so you can pop them out of the keyboard and swap their locations with some patience. Most other Thinkpads do not have this option since the CTRL key is usually bigger. =)

I don't know anyone who uses those little red buttons in the keyboard as their mouse. Why do all business laptops have them?

Guest said:
I don't know anyone who uses those little red buttons in the keyboard as their mouse. Why do all business laptops have them?
I'm on my thinkpad T43p RIGHT now, and I use that trackpoint religiously. It may not be as fast as a touchpad in some cases, but it is far more accurate when you're used to using it, it does not require shifting your hand to use it*, and ultimately takes less space since it is integrated into the keyboard, rather than sitting below it**. It is of course it is still a preference/familiarity thing, and in some cases a comfort thing too.

As for "all business laptops" as far as I knew only Thinkpads and Dell business laptops had them... =o

*Since it's on the home row in close proximity to both index fingers, as well as the left/middle/right click buttons are right underneath the spacebar for thumb use.

**A few previous thinkpad ultraportables had forgone the touchpad because of this reason.

I purchased the single core AMD Neo version last year. The performance was good for being a single core. The Think applications were annoying as heck, the connections manager was a major fail. It wouldn't allow me to switch from broadband to wifi without having to restart the machine. Eventually, we decided to purchase 11 without the broadband option because the think connection manager was such an annoyance. They have worked well so far for what they are used for, email and typing up documents.

Later in the year I purchased the dual core version. I bought another 11. Nine out of the 11 would freeze up after heavy use. The processors would overheat almost 100 Celsius. i sent back all of them. I verified the procs heat with speccy and I confirmed that these things could cook eggs.

We stuck with the single core version... but probably won't purchase those again either.

Hey Guest.

You got a serial number on one of your 11, let me take a quick check of one of your serial numbers as to if any calls or issues where made. Sounds like a bit of a reply from a very non techincal user.

A web site will find all of the info on one of your units and be more than happy to cut and paste on a site like this any issues you may have like this one or even if you are true.

What I love of lenovo notebooks is how they look and feel, the typical red dot of a mouse in the middle of everything just does it =)

i would agree with you if you would have said "more of a reply from a non technical writer."

are you affiliated with lenovo or something? Seems like i hurt someones feelings with my experience with the x100e. just sayin and i won't waste my time to have you try to prove me wrong. what does it matter to you? lol.

have a good one.

Back