Lexmark 8350 Scan Lamp Stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an X8350 (Model # 4419-060) Lexmark All-In-One printer that is just outside of the warranty period by three weeks!!! Because of very limited use in the location where I initially installed it, I recently moved it to another location several miles from the first location.

On plugging it in at the new location, the print cartridges made their usual cycle to the center and back again, but rather than the start button lighting up as it use to, the lamp cable mechanism clicked 4-5 times on the left end of the bed, and the cycle started over again with the print cartridges moving to the center and back again followed by lamp cable mechanism doing the clicking again. And, this sequence just repeats itself over and over again until I unplug the printer.

Upon closer examination, I noticed that the lamp was "stuck" on the right end of the bed as opposed to being on the left end where it should be.

Any help, of course, would be greatly appreciated.

With thanks,

Gary French
Syracuse, New York
syrocrat@twcny.rr.com

Hey Syocrat I don't know the answer to your problem, But I'd remove your name and email address from your post, post haste! You a lawyer? I've taken a few printers apart and returned them to service after cleaning clogged gears of paper or such. It sounds like to me that you either forgot to lock the printer before the move and it's possibly broken or you forgot to unlock the printer after the move and it may need to just be unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back