LG G Watch Urbane with LTE launching in local markets soon for nearly $600

Shawn Knight

Staff member

watch urbane lte south korea lg smartwatch moto 360 apple watch lg g watch r pebble time urbane lg g watch urbane

LG attracted the attention of many last month with the unveiling of its LG G Watch Urbane. Based on what we’ve seen thus far, this smartwatch looks every bit as stylish as a traditional timepiece but includes the internals of LG’s earlier G Watch R.

The company teased that the Urbane would initially be available in local markets (its home country of South Korea) and that pricing information would be available closer to its launch date. That time is now and I’ll go ahead and get it out of the way now – it’s expensive.

When the LTE version of the LG G Watch Urbane goes on sale in the coming days, it’ll command a whopping 650,000 won which translates to about $590 USD. To put that into perspective, the new Pebble Time will be available for $179, Motorola’s Moto 360 starts at $249 and the upcoming Apple Watch starts at $349.

watch urbane lte south korea lg smartwatch moto 360 apple watch lg g watch r pebble time urbane lg g watch urbane

The LG G Watch Urbane is powered by the same 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 SoC found in the G Watch R. It also includes the same 512MB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage. With LTE connectivity, it’ll be able to place and receive phone calls without having to rely on a companion smartphone.

AT&T has confirmed it’ll be bringing the non-LTE variant to the US although pricing information and an exact launch date haven’t been revealed yet.

Permalink to story.

Personally, I'm sticking with my 15 year old Seko. It runs well, keeps great time, and doesn't look expensive enough for anyone to hold me up to steal it.

More than I would pay, but why are you comparing it to those phone add-ons, when it is in fact the phone? Very, very attractive design. How much for the non-LTE version?

They're nuts. 600 smackers for a piece of unnecessary tech that's already outdated is insanity personified. Not only that but it doesn't even look nice, not to me anyway.

@TechSpot

Those photos are for the non LTE and android version of the LG Urbane. The LG Urbane LTE is a standalone and WebOS operation system mas it looks different, more bulkier

Back