Lg Up3

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdarren

i have got an LG UP3,1Gb usb music player. its like an mp3 player but it registers as a mass storege drive, but only in the system page on windows.
i dont have the cd driver for it or anything and i can get it to show up on the My Computer bit, can anyone help me get this to work.
let me know where to get softwere for it or something

Pay a little more attention to your typing here... Does the player show in My Computer or not?

sorry about that i ment to say, i can't get it to show up in My Computer.
the only place i can get it to show is in (Device Manager, Disk Drives, LG UP3S USB Device).... that is the only place i can get it to show that it is pluged in.

What is the full model number of this Flash Drive? Yes LG calls these MP3 players Flash Drives. So they would show up in Windows as "Mass Storage Devices". A firmware upgrade is available, but I need the full LG model number. In what country or State do you live? Am I correct in saying that English is not your first language?

lmao!!!... i am australian and live in victoria, english is my only language i just dont realy like to speel everything corredtly as i dont lick to conform to normality lol :p

as for the LG model number it is (Model:UP-S) also it says Mic LGT-UP-S(B)
made in Korea.
and for sum reason it dosent show up as a "Mass storage Device"

also dosent upgradeing my firmware reqiure needing to go to my motherboards manufactures web site and downloading latest firmware as i have done this recently and it hasnt helped.

this is the pecs of my mainboard,
DMI BIOS
--------
vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD
version R03-B2
date 11/11/2004
DMI System Information
----------------------
manufacturer Acer
product VERITON 5600GT
version R03-B2
DMI Baseboard
-------------
vendor Acer
model F89M
revision R03-B2

Have you tried this LG UP3 on another computer? If you haven't, I suggest you do it ASAP. If another computer has the same problem, the LG UP3 might just be defective

i have tried it on anuther computer and it dose work but the person's computer i used it on was at a computer shop and they wont give me a copy of the cd needed to run it "copyrights"grrrrrrrr...
i have got music on it and listen to it useing it with headphones and it works just fine, the thing is i want to change the music thats on it lol

I have a question if anyone can help.

I have trouble putting MP3's onto my new UP3 player with half the tracks copying succesfully and the other half failing to only half copy with error message 'Cannot Copy track 02: File path not specified'. Had no problems with other MP3 players and it seems to choose files randomly.

Is it my PC? Is it a common problem with this brand? The USB plug does seem flimsy.

it is a commen problem with this stupid MP3 player, it seems to be the worst MP3 player ever made lol.
i have had the same problem and i dont think there is anyway to fix it

Any pointers on a where product support can be given? There must be a way around it...and yes, it is one of the worst MP3 players made. So much for trsuting LG as a brand.

The MP3 player does come with a mini CD that only has a Win98 driver as its a standard USB Mass storage device that is compatible with all other versions of Windaz...

Suggestion - try plugging the USB into a different port, on mine it had issues with the front Dell USB ports as they are old USB1.0 every other port is USB2.0 and works fine.

If you need the lazy driver on the disc PM me and I will try to help you out, its not copyright issue to get drivers as far as I am aware.

The disc I have also has a firmware update included that does not run on Vista XP only. Maybe this would help your situation.

LG UP3 problem

I recently downloaded the firmware update file from the LG website and followed the instructions for the upgrade. To my shock, as soon as the process was "successful", the UP3# player (2GB with OLED display, model LGT-UP-S(B)) went off and hasn't come on since then. When plugged to a PC, it's not even recognized! I've used it for 6 months only. Help needed.

Does anyone here have a manual for this player? I've been looking hard but can't find one. Doesn't matter what country it's for, as long as it's in English.

If there's no manual, can someone provide the folder path for storing music on this device?

thanks!

Try looking here:

That was the first place I looked. :p I did an online chat with their support, too. (prob should have mentioned that, sorry.)

Unfortunately, they don't seem to archive much for older products. Something to consider if you're looking at one of their current products, imo.

Thanks anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back