Limewire won't connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using limewire for about a year with no problems. Today when I ran it and tried to connect, a message came up saying that either I didn't have an active internet connection or a firewall was blocking Limewire. My internet was connected and running fine and the firewall has Limewire as an exception. I tried adding Gnutella like the Limewire website said but that didn't work either. I don't know what else to do and need some help. Thanks.

Stacey

Same Problem

I have the same problem, and happened around the same time??? coincidence? i had recently updated LM to 4.9.30 (bug?) i also went and DL'ed Ares, to see if it was something that was LM or my PC. and Ares did not connect either... I have un/Reinstalled LM and to no avail. if anything is figured out.. please email me at Long_Lake_Fisher@yahoo.com

Thanks

yeah the same thing happened to me this week...It is so frustrating because winmx stopped working first so I downloaded Limewire, now after a week of Limewire working perfectly it wont even connect.
Has anyone got any alternatives that they are using that are running normally?

yeh same thing happened to me....i dunno if its after i updated to the new version that it wont connect..i'm on xp sp2....but i tried installin the 4.8 version on 98 and java 1.4.2 i think and even that wont connect...i hav no idea wats happened....i d/l bitcomet and ares and they wont connect ....morpheus connected but wont start downloads

You guys need to look for help somewhere else, we do NOT condone piracy and any related programs, and do NOT support them at all.

If I'm not mistaken, LimeWire itself is PERFECTLY legal, yes?

It's what you download that justifies the legitimacy.

I use Bittorent almost exclusively for downloading Linux ISOs.

I've also turned to Gnuttella for this.

Its kinda a grey area in the world.

I was missing WinMX the other day when i stumbled upon something incredible. There is a group out there calling themselves MXPIE. They have put together an easy to use update that will once again allow you to connect to the WinMX network. Their update contains no spyware, adware or any other form of malware.

Check out the MXPIE Website for everything you need.

Along with their help, and getting my other computer problem sorted out at http://www.gemini777.net , I was able to enjoy WinMX better than I ever was before. Not only did they get me connected, they helped me fix my other problems as well.

Realtime help available for WinMX 3.53 users having trouble getting connected. Go to WinMX Channels. And thank you gemini for your Computer Problem forum.

when you have a problem connecting to any of those programs, it's usually a firewall blocking the connection. disable windows firewall (or open the ports if you know which ones), if you are using a router, enable the DMZ host (or again, forward the ports if you know which ones)

LimeWire dependant on how you use it

I want to clarify to all of those out there who write limewire off as a piracy program.

It is an paid program that with the purchase of it legally allows users to transfer and share data

as far as i am concerned limewire is a virus to me. bittorrant is a runner up. as for weither or not it is legal, you can justify its legality all you want, but the bottem line is you can be convicted of being guility by assocation for useing by downloading somthing legal from some one has downloaded somthing illigal. it is all decided in a court of law so you can take you chances either here or there. i suggest you don't use it at all. its like playing the russian roulette weither you get caught or not.

joked u 2 If you want to look at things that way, People have used guns to commit crimes so we should get rid of them all. People drive drunk so we should also ban cars & beer. The internet has been used for crime other nefarious deeds so maybe nobody should use that either.

Limewire Ilegal?

If anyone here has ever copied a cassette tape, VCR tape, album or alike you are guilty of breaking the same laws. Besides, in my experience the ones making the loudest noise about something are usually up to their eye balls in something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back