Limited account question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answered - Limited account question

So on the laptop [(some terrible Gateway I know...) oh right and running Vista x86] that we currently have at my house it's set up with me having an admin account and my sister with a limited account. But I was going to get rid of my account seeing as I'm not planning on being anywhere near it anymore. Now I haven't done this before not with leaving nothing but a limited account running. I keep hearing from everywhere that it's a good idea to be a limited user rather than an admin for security reasons and whatnot. I was thinking of enabling the hidden admin account and just putting a password for that whenever she needed to do anything. But from what I've read everyone keeps saying that that's a terrible idea and to never use that account.

So I guess before I dive in and mess anything up (assuming Windows would even allow me to do so) I have a few questions that I was hoping someone could clear up for me:

-Can I delete my admin account and leave just a limited account ?
---If I do that how would she be able to install whatever she needed to when prompted ?
-To activate the admin account or not ?
-Just make her account an admin ?

Something else that is staring right at me and I'm just not realizing ?

Thanks for taking your time reading this and I hope someone can shed some light on this for me. And is it me or did I just repeat everything twice ? Sorry I'm not used to asking for help so I'm all paranoid there is something I should've mentioned before hitting submit. I'm sure I did though so ask away and I'll try add that in here.

If you dont intend being anywhere near it anymore, why worry about what happens to it...?

You will always need an admin account as you say, to install items etc, so just make her account an admin account and then remove your account, suggest though that she creates a limited account to use because as they say its not wise to use an admin account for day to day use..

Or create another admin account password it, delete yours and dont tell her the password until she needs it...

Just want to get everything in order and leave it the way it should be. Says the guy who dismantled it and put it back together with three extra screws. >.>;;

Make her admin, delete my account, suggest a limited account, don't touch hidden admin account. Gotcha.

Wasn't planning on being around for much tech support so the first part will probably be the best. Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back