Liquid cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkedKube

yeah, so everyone knows I have a Coolit Freezone cooler, my brother just took his apart and bought extra tubing and waterblocks, hooked it up to his 7900 gtx, they're running at 28C, incredible.

Nice set up :D ! If only.....*looks at own computer and glares* ;) .

lol my total investment umm, monitors, hardware, peripherals, extended warranties, about 4k usd. Looking to add on hard drives right now and 2 more lcds for one big giant monitor. Want to line them up 2x2

I just noticed, my brothers is the cheaper version of my cooler as well.

I have 4 lcd's and i don't even use 2. I generally just use my 19" sony lcd for computing..but sometimes i will hook it up to my 37" LG lcd...but it hurts my eyes so i don't usually do that.

What is your idol temp with the freezone?

If your brother is really interested in really low temps, you could just get one of those 320W TECs, and hook that up to the freezone (or whatever it is). Would be worthwhile checking if the freezone switch will accomodate that kinda juice.

If your brother is really interested in really low temps, you could just get one of those 320W TECs, and hook that up to the freezone (or whatever it is). Would be worthwhile checking if the freezone switch will accommodate that kinda juice.

Thermo electric cooling is very expensive. To power a 320 W Peltier, you would need its own auxiliary PSU, unless you have a good 35 amps on your current PSU's 12 V rail. And it is also very risky, as condensation is a big factor. It will also cost you prob $10-15 a month in electricity depending on your KW/HR charge.

18C is good for what I have, q2quad@3.5. and my cooler is at half power. I ran it on high the first day I had it and I got 3C on the temp, too close for comfort for me. Currently my core voltage is 1.4 as well. I think I'm doing well for the measly 300 usd i paid for the freezone. I could easily buy something to put my temps to -C but at that rate, I wont see much difference and way too much worry.

A real TEC cooling system would take you to -15

A vapochill would take you to -60

I always thought it would be fun to get -60 Idle temps :cool:

You could OC that CPU to like 7GHZ

My board only allows 40% overclocks, I think its due to all the features the board offers. I reckon Asus doesnt want my board fried, they may assume since I paid so much for a mobo I wont have the money for the high end tech system. I did figure out how to get passed the 40% mark, but other parts of my board didnt work how I wanted them to. I bet if I had your processor I could get -C EASILY, but this quad is plenty of heat, its not like the old p4's as far as heat, but could easily accomplish those temps on heat

Yeah, thats true. Like you said, that 40% is just an "auto" feature..you can easily manually Oc higher, by changing the FSB, voltages, and memory timings.

I was going to get the 6800, but you can OC the 6600 to match prob your cpu, so i decided to stick with the 6600. I was running a waterchill system on it, and it broke down on me the day after i put together the system, so i just decided to go out an get a zalman 9700. Can still get a stable 20% OC with air cooling.

for 300 USD, you can get a really good watercooling system that would cool your graphic cards as well.

320W is for 17V, which means a 320W TEC would only work at 225W at 12V your PSU pumps out. Which means you'd only need about 19A on one of your 12V rails. Which means you'd probably need to upgrade to a 1kW PSU to run that at full load.

But I was hoping your freezone will have a temp switch, which means it wouldn't bring your setup to below ambient, which means that the TEC will not be running at full load, which means no need for an upgrade (hopefully). But this would mean that when your comp's at load, the TEC will bump up accordingly, which may mean no difference in idle/load temps. Which is just as awesome as -60C idle temps :D

BTW looking at the reviews for the freezone, you can get similar temps with a very good aircooler. Assuming you didn't mod it of course.

So I sincerely doubt your freezone can get my processor any lower than it currently is, and much less anywhere near -C.

The freezone reviews are what they are, wont change. For it being the second of their production line it does what's needed. Bottom line, my board wont allow me to go any higher, its not a heat issue!

How did you figure that the board won't let you go past 40% overclock? What exactly is the bottleneck?

ern vincent

hi

from erin vincent this is my first post so i will tell you what i am running.just finished my latest home build,amd athlon 6000 3gig dualcore on amd crosshair m/b liquid cooled 2xleadtek7950gt gpus in sli 4gig ddr2 800mhz a data ram,4x250gig hard drives on raido stripping benchmarked at 10600 3dmark06

CMH said:
How did you figure that the board won't let you go past 40% overclock? What exactly is the bottleneck?

I've tried fluctuating voltages, changing out ram, more powerful psu. Not only that everything I look up for benchmarking and testing says stability stops at about 350fsb. I've found one article someone got it to 400, I duplicated the specs and couldnt get higher. Also went on the Asus forums, checked out the section for my board, NOT a single person out of about 50-60 there was able to get higher than 355fsb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back