Loading PC dos - hangs there

Status
Not open for further replies.

darknezx

Hi, I'm trying to boot from a CD-R, which has Drive Fitness test from Hitachi. I want to boot from that CD to check my hard disk, however it always hangs at the "Loading PC DOS" line, and does not proceed. Anyone know what problem this is? Many thanks!

OGT Diagnostic Tool is a failure analysis tool for Ultrastar 10K300, Ultrastar 15K73 and DK32xx disk drives. For these drives, OGT Diagnostic Tool replaces the Drive Fitness Test.
Is that your drive?

Ultrastar 10K300, Ultrastar 15K73 and DK32XX users, do not use DFT — Use the OGT Diagnostic Tool.
Does not support Microdrive Digital Media products.
Supports all Travelstar HDDs, except 8E, 10E and C4K series.
Does not support external USB or Firewire attached drives.
Compatible only with x86-based processors.
So nothing in the notes affects you

Nope, I double checked it, to make sure I wasn't mistaken. I had the impression that this could be a Windows problem?

Hi, I'm trying to boot from a CD-R
No even with Windows totally corrupted it would still boot the free PC Dos

This type of fault is more related to your Hardware (including the CD and contents)
1. Try burning a new disc, with a fresh download of Drive Fitness Test
2. Possibly test your Ram, with the bootable Memtest CD
3. Have a look at othe Drive Diagnostic CDs
4. Possibly your actual CD/DVD Drive is faulty (or partly faulty) and requires cleaning or replacing
5. You could check the CD/DVD Drive jumper configuration (on the end of the drive), it should be CS
6. This could even be faulty data cabling
7. Have you tried a Floppy boot disk, instead of a CD disc

That should keep you busy :)

I tried burning a new disc, same things happens.

I tested my ram using the bootable memtest cd, and it worked fine. Same settings.

I couldn't get Maxtor's drive diagnostic cd to work since I didn't have any maxtor HDD.

DVD drive shouldn't be faulty because it was working perfectly then and now. I got DFT tool to work on my previous OS installation about a week ago.

I'm wondering since Memtest is a bootable DOS application too and it worked, what could be wrong? I'm starting to rule out the disc, DVD drive.

from the 'notes' compatible only with x86 computers. Do you have an AMD 64-bit processor, or an Intel 64-bit processor for that matter?

Also from the 'how to use' document

Configurations NOT supported:
♦ Drives attached using ATA RAID controllers where direct access to the attached
devices is blocked by the controller also not supported are Multi-Channel SCSI
RAID controllers.
♦ Serial-ATA controllers based on the Silicon Image Promise and Intel chipsets are
not currently supported

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back