Local Rights on a PC which is on a Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanka_safc

Hi,

I am trying to give local admin rights on a machine which is part of a domain and when I am trying this I am getting the following message:

An object named "Domain Users" cannot be found. Check the selected object types and location for accuracy and ensure that you typed the object name correctly, or remove this object from the selection.

This is on Windows XP and our Systems team say its not a domain fault, more like a software faukt.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

What I think is happening is you've added "Domain Users". It's not available from where you are adding it.

Is the computer you are adding the rights to in the domain?, check if the computer is in the domain. Or are you logged on locally?, and not on the domain, don't know if this matters, don't think so.

And the most important questions, who are you trying to give rights where and on what?, What are the domain specs?/computer specs.

It's not the software's fault, that i can tell you already :)
Domain Users can only be used on the domain, if you're trying to use it on a computer not in the domain, then you won't be able to use it.

The computer I am using is already on the Domain. I am trying to add Domain Users to the local admin group. I have also tried users off our ldap server which comes up with the exact same problem. That is when I am logged in as the local admin and myself (I have domain admin rights).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back