LOCERROR trying to open my BF2 account

Status
Not open for further replies.

k.jacko

Hi all,

i picked up BF2 again after last playing it in july. At first it came up with a LOCERROR and couldn't find my account. So i hit 'retrieve my account' and got it sorted. I played it online and all was fine.
The following day i created a new BF2 account for each of my kids whilst logged in to their own xp pro user account (limited) on the same pc.
When i went back to my admin user account i got the LOCERROR again, so again i retreived my account and had to change all my settings. Upon exiting the game and restarting it, again it came up with LOCERROR and once again i retreived the account, but all the settings had defaulted back again.
Now, i'm sure you all know what a ball ache it is to configure your keys for BF2. There's no way i'm doing that everytime i wanna play.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on? and why its not retaining my account configs? Once retrieved if i go into BFHQ it correctly shows my username and stats (i have all unlocks). If i go into 'Account Management' it doesn't show any account
Yet if i log into one of the kids windows accounts and boot up BF2 it finds their newly created account without problem.

Help please, i don't know what to do short of reinstalling. Please, no suggestions of creating a new account, i've had this game since day one, and have built up to where i am ever since then with all weapon unlocks. I aint starting from scratch again.

Having said that, all advice is welcomed and appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back