Locking out a Hardive

Status
Not open for further replies.

CompuGeek247

Well I just got my E-drive up. I have 3 hardrives.
My C-drive holds windows Me,
D-Drive Hardware,
E-drive Windows XP.

I was wondering how do i lock out my Hardrive from being explored while on windows ME. I only want to access it through Windows XP. I know when im in windows ME i can go into explore and see all the files in my E-drive. I dont want that, so how do i Block everything from being seen that i have stored on E-drive while in Me.? Is it possible?

Can you convert the E drive to an NTFS file system? I dont think Windows ME can read NTFS drives so according to ME drive E wont exist if it uses NTFS. Can anyone confirm this?

Well im not sure either. But is it possible to use NTFS and FAT32 systems at the same time? I want to be able to read off my D-drive which is in FAT32 format. Gets quite complicated doesnt it!

Windows XP can read FAT32 and NTFS. Im pretty sure XP and 2000 are the only ones that can read NTFS but they are both backward compatible with all previous windows file systems.:grinthumb

Yes, you can use NTFS and FAT32 partitions together, yes Me would need special software in order to read NTFS partitions. Also, disk parttioning programs like Partition Magic let you "hide" and "unhide" partitions from the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back