Logitech z-5500 hook up to TV and sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave8603

I just bought the Logitech Z-5500s. They came with one cable called a 6 channel direct cable. I plugged that straight into my sound card (Audigy 2). It splits off to a cable for the right, center, and left speakers and since the Audigy 2 has these inputs this works fine. I did buy a Toslink digital cable and the Audigy has a digital out on it but when I plug in the cable to that and then to the control pad on the Z-5500s it doesn't work. The Toslink cable I bought has an adapter so it plugs into the sound card fine but no sound comes out. There has to be some setting I'm overlooking. Also, Logitech told me that to hook up the speakers to my TV I needed a Logitech Game Console Adapter. I bought it and the standard RCA Audio cable. I hooked the RCA Audio cable into the TV on one end and then into the adapter on the other. Then I took the 6 channel direct cable and plugged that into the other side of the adapter. But this doesn't work. I have a Toshiba CRT TV, maybe something like 21 in, nothing fancy. There is no setting in the menu options for the TV to make the sound come out of the speakers. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

Have your connections going and sound working on PC,

Now use the Line Out / Line In , You need a 1/4 mini which is pc connection to stereo RCA ,

Connect the RCA to the tv and you should be set,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back