Looking for a monitoring program

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwr_1986

I've tried to avoid doing this but we have someone that works for us that is really abusing the privelage of having the internet in the workplace. The problem is I need proof. I'm hoping there is a decent monitoring program out there that is free and also free of pesky malware. I have no intent of using this on every computer just the two this person uses most frequently. Thanks.

Jesse

Thanks for your response. I thought that might be an issue with a free one. What can you recomend in the pay world that would work and is not outrageously priced.

Thanks again

Jesse

if you only need to track URL accesses, you can alter the browser to
use a proxy and set the proxy to track(ie log) all outgoing requests.

raybay said:
You will not have adequate proof with a free program.

Don't know if I agress with that. I have seen some "free" programs out there that will provide this proof very nicely. Although I won't mention them here, don't wanna get in trouble. :D

Best for you to look it up for yourself. We know nothing about your setup, equipment, networks, etc.
By last count, there were 784 entries in a Google search that, with a bit of reading, can be a lot of help in deciding what is appropriate for your office.

Thanks for all your help. I think we might be fixing this problem when we redo our network as we purchase another server in the next couple of weeks. Thanks again

Jesse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back