Looking for new laptop

I've had two; a Toshiba and now on a Dell. The Toshiba was a great machine and lasted 5-6 years with XP/Pro. The bios failed and that was that leading to the Dell.

The Dell Inspiron 5040 is easy to use, but now shows SMART data that the HD is about to fail.
The HD is NOT accessible externally and the box needs total dismemberment to get to the HD. Consequently, I would not recommend any thing like this.

DELL has huge history of problem issues. I won't recommend anything from them. This laptop not bad, you max out of RAM at 8 GB. Since this is a dell you have to use DELL hardware, RAM an etc.

Like they lock you down to their hardware replacements where as ACER, ACER/GATEWAY doesn't. I recommend ACER or ACER/GATEWAY that's all I buy for laptops and I did get them for desktops. I did take a gamble with HP top end desktops. One HDD had failed in 3 months. Getting them to cover that was pain in the neck. I told him I will replace with a different brand not another failing brand. Never had issues again.

Back