Looking to replace noisy case fan

ComputerGod91

I have a computer case and it has this pretty blue lite fan in the front but the down side is as of recently it makes a lot of noise. A ton on boot up and then it calms to about half the noise but none the less still loud. I'm looking to buy a replacement, hopefully one that is silent, problem is that I don't know the first thing about PC case fans, how to replace them, how to tell which is a good replacement. I also don't know what kind of case I have so I can't look it up and just figure out the fan size that way.

Help would be appreciated.

Fans are really a 'you get what you pay for ' proposition. The key is in the bearing type. sleeve,rifle,ball FDB (fluid dynamic bearing) HDB, etc. generally if you wnt quiet, choose one that is not a 'hyper fan' in that it moves a massive amount of air, or one that comes with a controller so you can adjust the speed a 120 mm fan for example will typically move arounfd 45-60 CFM. For longer life stay away from 'sleeve' bearings.

Um... You lost me. So is there a way to replace the fan with a quieter one that isn't as loud but doesn't move less air? Or am I stuck with the one I have?

Back