Lost web key

Cant. Instead, login the router and set a new WiFi key (and save it safely for the future). Recommend something you CAN remember :)

What do you mean by "web key"? There are several passwords on a typical router such as the internet connection password, the wi-fi password and the router control panel/web interface password.

When I say web key I mean the key which allows you to connect new PC /printer or any new equipment in the network.

Wifi key

Last edited by a moderator:
When I say web key I mean the key which allows you to connect new PC /printer or any new equipment in the network.

Wifi key

If you haven't changed it since you got it then it may be printed on the bottom of the machine.

Otherwise you can log into the router control panel from one of the already connected machines and see/change the wi-fi key.

If you mean the WEP Key and not the web key you can find it following these steps.
Go to the computer's wireless networking setup screen and see if you can detect your router's SSID. Select that network. Apply the wireless security type and password to the computer's wireless networking setup screen.

P.S: If there is no response from the router the default address may have been changed.

Go to router manufacturer's website.
Locate support.
Enter model number and search for manual.
Download manual.
Read manual.

Back