Loud crackling/hissing noise from desktop speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

diddlyidi

Hi
My problem is my speakers are making such a loud crackling/hissing noise.I can hear backgroundnoise but the noise from the speakers is terrible.
Motherboard is MSI ms6309,soundcard is Creative soundblasterLive CT4830.
i have downloaded the latest drivers from
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/CREATIVE/Creative-Sound-Blaster-Live-CT4830-Driver-51201383-WHQL.shtml
thinking this would resolve the problem but to no avail
Does this sound like a hardware problem?
Any suggestions would be welcome

I have tried speakers on another pc and they are woking perfectly.
I have just tried an audio cd andi can hear it playing behind the hissing noise. I have run a creative diagnostic test and it says everything has passed.
This is driving me nuts.
Do I need to install any via ac97 pci drivers which are on the MSI mobo website?

I provided the exact sound driver above.
Please un-install your present sound driver (through Add/Remove Programs (Creative))
And install the above (correct ones)

I have uninstalled previous driver and reinstalled new driver as suggested but unfortunately it hasn't resolved the problem.Thanks

Could i just simply removethe soundcard and have onboard sound and if so what will i plug the speaker jack into

Hmm The drivers I supplied were for the onboard Creative sound card.
Are you saying that you have another Creative Sound card plugged in ?

Maybe we'll take it from the top
At the back of your computer, howmany Speaker out plugs have you got ?
If two, then you can safely remove the PCI sound card that you have installed.

Do you get this feeling that this post is going to become quite lengthy, or is it just me.

The concern is, that your drivers page has two sound card drivers, and I don't even know all your system specs yet. (ie what sound is onboard? And what Operating System have you got?)

Hi
1 speaker out plug which is on PCI sound card.Windows XP pro sp 2 installed.Not sure about onboard sound

Ok so when the computer is sold with sound, they mean with the sound card it presently has, and that's it.

I have uninstalled previous driver and reinstalled new driver as suggested but unfortunately it hasn't resolved the problem.Thanks

And the speakers work ok on another system

Therefore it must be a faulty jack (on the sound card itself)
Do earphones work ok ?

Do I need to install any via ac97 pci drivers which are on the MSI mobo website?
We need to re-confirm that this is Creative (or not)
This program will do that: http://members.datafast.net.au/~dft0802/downloads/pcivbs.vbs
By running it, it will look at your hardware mac address (not the software driver)
And therefore it will confirm if you have Creative or Via sound

15cnjba.jpg

OK so it is Creative, so don't use the Via one then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back