Low FPS in online games but my connection is fine

I recently just put a new gpu and motherboard evereything was working fine but I had a few issues. I took it to the shop and they fixed it. when I tried to run any online games my fps would be horrible but offline it would be fantastic. I am using the same connection/router I used before, before I was having no issues but since I got it back online games are unplayable my gpu is a gtx 780 and my cpu is a i7 2600k.

You may not have the latest LAN drivers for your motherboard. Go to the manufacturer's website and update them, and see if that helps.

Hmm I will try and post the results here. like I said I have used the same router and internet adapter for a long time and this has never happened. it even worked when I put the hardware in but evere since I got it back online games lag terribly

Hmmm, generally the cause of low fps in only online games is a) Bad internet b) Bad drivers or c) Bad CPU, and you fit none of those.

Are there any game in particular that are affected by the problem?

I helped someone with this the other day, but we were unable to resolve it. Just curious, are you playing Battlefield 4? Because a lot of people are complaining about horrible performance since the servers are experiencing issues due to lag. But if you arent, try this: Download the latest stable nVidia driver from here, choose the Custom Install option, then choose the option to Clean Install.

Um gamed that I play are battlefield 3 and 4 arma 2 splinter cell blacklist payday2 and a few others. Pike u said in single player my fps is amazing but multiplayer it plumits

I had fps drops in online and offline games but that was because the inside of my case was dusty as crap(fans) so once I used some compressed air on it, it works fine.

Can you run a speedtest for me and post the results here?

There may be an issue on the end of your ISP (internet service provider).

Can you answer these questions for me please:
1) Have you tried a direct ethernet connection versus a wireless connection?
2) Have you made sure your firewall isnt blocking incoming connections?
3) When was the last time you clean installed Windows?

I think the only solution is to clean install Windows. This will remove any software the repair people may have installed.

So you're on a wireless connection?

Throughput isn't as important for gaming as latency. What did SpeedTest show for your ping time?

Back