Low profile CPU dual fan

12johnni

Hi, in a rush.

I have seen a low profile cpu cooler that can have 2 standard 140 mm fans on it. It extends sideways from the cpu and not up. Good for Q-XPack 2 Apevia MicroATX.

Any Ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

12johnni

edit: I am doing a X58 Micro in the Case and my friend is doing the same. I got him back from hell (iMacs) when he realised from me how much you can get for how little. With a small $2,000 Australian budget, you can have 1,000W PSU a MicroATX case
i7 950
GTX 580
EVGA X58 Micro SLI
etc. But the cooler has to be under about 8 cm for the Q-XPACK 2. Anyone know the best one?

Thanks!

Do what? Most low profile heatsinks only have one fan on them because they are top end mounted, pulling air directly off the heatsink, rather than side mounted. As far as I know, you WON'T find any low profile heatsink with more than 1 fan. I'd love to see one that does (Probably a wedge shaped heatsink...).That and you can't have 140mm fans mounted on the sides if you have an 80mm height restriction, unless they are at an angle. That being said If you know a place online/brick and mortar in Australia you can try finding:

Scythe Big Shuriken SCBSK-1000
COOLER MASTER GeminII S RR-CCH-PBU1-GP (Too big at 87mm, but you could use a smaller height fan and make it work)
EVERCOOL HPK-10025EA

Also, you don't need a 1000w PSU for that hardware, it is a waste of money. You could easily save some money (and possibly internal space) with a 750w PSU with modular cables.

I mean it stretches out horizontally and the two fans go on top blowing up and down, not side to side. I thought I saw such a thing, but cannot find it again. But all in all I just want the ultimate low-profile cooler which can take an Intel Core i7 950 to 4.00GHz.

Thanks, If anyone knows what it is, please tell me.

12johnni.

Oh, and must be 1356, remember. I have had enough of P55's ****! To get my GeForce 9600GT working in my new i3, I had to put in in x4 slot of Asus P7P55D LE, and it took me ages to get it to work in x16. You can basically get X58 for the same price as a high 1156 i7. (i7 870 = i7 950 in cost.

But all in all I just want the ultimate low-profile cooler which can take an Intel Core i7 950 to 4.00GHz.

You're not going to find it, at least not with the results you hope for. The reason why you can make that kind of overclock on air is because there is enough metal and enough airflow so the heat exchange can happen. Low profile heatsinks miss out on both 95% of the time. That Scythe heatsink might be the best bet for a smaller, say 500 mhz overclock. A Corsair H50 watercooling kit might do it, but you'll likely have to make modifications to the case to fit it.

Back