Lucid Motors to unveil production version of its first EV in September

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Editor's take: If you recall, the Lucid Air was originally slated to be unveiled at the New York International Auto Show in April. The unveiling really feels like a formality – at least in terms of exterior aesthetics – as we’ve already seen numerous images of the Lucid Air. I can’t imagine its design will change substantially this late in the development stage.

Lucid Motors is back on track. After postponing the official unveiling of its upcoming luxury sedan, the Lucid Air, back in March due to Covid-19, the electric automaker on Wednesday said it will now conduct the showcase on September 9, 2020.

In lieu of an in-person event, Lucid Motors will host an online reveal where onlookers will get to see the vehicle’s final interior and exterior design and learn more about specifications, configurations and pricing.

Like many, Lucid sent its workers home as the pandemic ramped up in order to help slow the spread of the virus. Now, those employees are starting to return to work in a phased approach that is in line with local and state mandates to resume development of the company’s first EV.

At this point, Lucid looks like the leading candidate to challenge Tesla. Traditional automakers are also hopping aboard the EV bandwagon but thus far, nobody has come close to matching the level of success that Tesla has experienced.

Permalink to story.

And just like Tesla, this one will require couple major revamps before it is something good, because every car pioneer runs into many quality-related issues when it comes to mass production.

Last edited:
And just like Tesla, this one will require couple major revamps before it is something good, because every car pioneer runs into many quality-related issues when it comes to mass production.
Yep, I hope they do a better job of their initial launch than Tesla did.
I'm looking forward to watching Lucid Motors.

0 - 60 in 2.5 seconds, 200 miles per hour top end, and a 400-mile range. $60,000.
Think about the range claim. 7 years ago 400-mile range per full charge was "20 years away". And now Tesla is doing it too.

Last edited:
All they have to do is beat Tesla's price and come up with an extensive range, neither of which will be easy but they are doable .....

Back