Machine_Check_Exception(Windows XP)[No minidump?]

Joshle

So, as the title implies, I got a BSoD today that said "Machine_Check_Exception" now unfortunately...for whatever reason, there is no minidump to go along with it, the "minidump" folder is empty. So I don't know what to do about that.
But, I would like to say that I have run a virus scan, a malewarebytes scan, and gmer.
I have logs from both malewarebytes and gmer, if anyone would like to see them, though the malewarebytes run came up with no infected files, so I don't know if that is necessary.

Is XP fully updated to Service Pack 3 and beyond? Is the computer clean and free of dust? How old is this computer?

Is XP fully updated to Service Pack 3 and beyond? Is the computer clean and free of dust? How old is this computer?
I'm not sure, how do I check? I believe so. And I dunno, maybe 3 or so years old.
Nevermind, yes it is updated to service pack 3.

Run Windows Update manually until no more updates are found. Download and install the optional updates too

You need an antivirus program like Microsoft Security Essentials. Malwarebytes is not an antivirus program!

I have avast. Also comes up empty. But you said maleware, not virus. So I assumed malewarebytes. My apologies.

Back