Many blue screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet514

Hi..
I have a serious/major problem with my computer
I'm having alot of BSOD like constantly, IRQL..PFN CORRUPT..and many more
I have no idea what I can do?
I would like to attack the dump file..but I don't know where is located..and which one should i upload?

0x4E: PFN_LIST_CORRUP is one of the strongest indicaters of corrupted memory.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

If you want to go ahead and test your memory first do the following:

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

Thanks route44..I have uploaded the dump files 04/07/2010...
while you guys check that..ill do the memory test alright
thanks alot

Attachments

• 04 07 Dump Files.zip
    144.6 KB · Views: 1
BSOD continues...

hey..I changed rams and try since you said it was a sign of bad memory.
but the BSOD is still there..:S
I got other BSOD's ive uploaded the last 4 - 5 minidumps please check and let me know please?

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    126.9 KB · Views: 2
One error of interest (and one I've never seen before) is: 0x21QUOTA_UNDERFLOW

t indicates that quota was returned to a process, but that process was not using the amount of quota being returned.

The other error of interest is the 0xA which are caused either by hardware or drivers.

In both the Symantec/Norton driver Symevent.sys was cited as the cause of your crashes. We see this driver causing problems a lot. You can try the following:

1. Update the software.

2. Uninstall and reinstall.

3. Uninstall and try another security option.

* For steps 2 and 3, after you uninstall, then use their special romoval tool for your particular version. It can be found on their website.

um do you think if i give to a comp shop they will fix it?
like do you think they can fix without formatting my HD..i need my files thats why..

There is no need to reformat and thus you don't have to worry about losing any files. . At this point the dumps point to Symantec. Just follow my earlier instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back