Massive Multiplayer Online Games Anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyZip

Hi...

Does anyone on here play any of those Massive Multiplayer Online Games (is that what they're called??)...

I was thinking of joining one, maybe some space game or similar.
So, i was thinking if any of you had played any? If so, which one? What are they like? Any recomendations?? And what should i look for??? Are they all what they're hyped up to be, and how much do you fork out for the priviledge???

Cheers...:)

I bought microsofts Alliegence and considered signing up with the monthly fee to play this MMORPG (Massive multiplayer online role playing game), but it just didn't have quite enough appeal to get my money every month. Freelancer looks like it could be a good game to play online, I'm not sure if thats a monthly fee system or not but I have only tried the demo of it so far...

I'll probably wait for Star Wars Galaxies to come out.
Other than that CS is the only MMOG that I play :)

I'm yet to find a MMOG that I like. To be honest CS isn't a MMOG, although it is "massive". ;)

The problem I find with such games (e.g Legends of Mir), is that it turns into a hack fest, or the powerful players PK (player kill) other noobie players.

I haven't tried a space one, but Freelancer sounds amazing, and I think I will have to give that a try.

If you want role-playing (in space or otherwise), then it might be hard to find one that you really like. If you want action/a quick blast, then don't go MMOG, go for Online Multiplayer games like CS/Medal of Honour, where each battle is relatively small scale, and unrelated to the next.

Arris, I am also awaiting the release of both Star Wars Galaxies and Knights Of The Old Republic, they are going to be great :bounce: ! I am wondering whether to buy Freelancer, but I would like to hear a few more positive comments first. At the moment I am playing Command And Conquer Generals, does this count as a MMORPG? I am very much into gaming, but am just unsure about these online games, as I have said already, I am yet to hear more positive comments.

Do Asherons Call 2! Do it now! C'mon.... join the Leafcull server and look for LNCPapa - guess who that is. Everybody join now.

LNCPapa

Thanks for all your replies...
Those of you that mentioned Freelancer, i have already got that. Its a good game, but i finished it in 10 days :-( . And its not a MMORPG, but it does have multiplayer...

Novicegamer & LNCPapa - Ta for the suggestions, i'll have alook at both games when i get the chance...

Cheers all...

Mmm
Nice game... Hadn't heard of it before.
Can't say I've ever heard of CCPGames before either?? :confused:
The screenshots of heads look very very real, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for that.

If any of you decide you're gonna try Asheron's Call 2 you can be really nice and let me know so I can refer you - could win me a lifetime paid account of AC2. I only need 5 (max entries) to reach my highest chances of winning.

LNCPapa

Earth & Beyond seemed pretty fun when I played it. I only had the 5-day demo but during that time I had someone who was ranked much higher than me help out alot. Star Wars Galaxies looks like it will be awesome. They have a beta testing program that a lot of people are getting to do so they can work out all the bugs. I signed up for it in december last year and just got picked last week, all I have to do is order the beta game CD from them and I get to start playing it.

planetside

planetside.......if you are going to join online crack........asheron's is bogus......my friend thinks highly of it.........but the gameply.......it's not really against others.......and when and if you do........you pretty much know who will win...........so more of a place to hang out with .......teaming up with people or friends and chat......while you ward off imaginary foes......building your stats......dumb...............space ones are also always dumb...........they can't keep you from feeling you are in a fishbowl............BUT, Planetside?!!!........now this is going to be a game

I am on the Planetside beta team - not having much fun with it though. It's not as good as I thought it was gonna be.

LNCPapa

MMORPG's are the best way to get addicted to a computer, if tehre is such a thing. There are a few things I would recommend to the MMORPG newbie:

1. Be ready to download several 100's MB of patches almost every month (i.e. Anarchy Online).
2. Read the manual! , players inside the game will not help you.
3. Be patient, those games are designed to drain time from you (because you pay for it).
4. Play daily ,that's the only way you can enjoy the game.... If you don't you will not progress.
5. Do not play other games because you need to be aware of many news, events and stuff that is happening all over the game universe.

I play Earth and Beyond , which is a very nice game for the first 30 levels. Then it gets too hard and you have to really concentrate so that you can increase your levels.

Originally posted by Arris
I hate you Rusty!!!

*Arris looks down at his yet to be installed copy of Eve*

This better be good :p

Nice one Arris !!

Let me know how you get on, and tell me if its any good...

And please don't hate me, just love me !!! :p

Well all the space flight seems to be click on the area of space where you want to go. It seems like its a D&D game in space ships. To be honest I had hopes for this game when I picked an ancestry that had space combat specialities, but if all you have to do is click on the target and then set your craft to stay 50m away and keep attacking then I think I am a bit disappointed. They have done well to get the graphics (which look really nice) to run well on lower spec machines (ran on my 32mb GF4MX equipped laptop).

The other thing is the store I bought it from said it had a CD Key so they wouldn't do the "If you don't like it, bring it back in 10 days" deal. And do you know what?... unless it gets much more interesting in the next month (free... but then its $14 a month, and when you register it takes your credit card details and you have to pretty much agree to one payed for month) thats what I'd want to do. Saying that I only played it for about an hour last night, so I'll have to give it another chance. I'm just disappointed that they make such a nice looking space game and the combat is like Command and Conquer but with only one Unit :confused: :(

Anyone out there running the Beta for Star Wars: Galaxies or considering getting it when it comes out in a couple weeks?

Just curious....

Originally posted by RustyZip
Nice one Arris !!

Let me know how you get on, and tell me if its any good...

And please don't hate me, just love me !!! :p

Want to buy it from me?
I think I can cancel my account and sign up again with the CD key..... :confused:

Arris, thanks for the thought, but at the moment i havn't any spare time to play any games... :-(

What with moving house, sorting out the divorce, etc etc, im a bit short on spare time...

Thanks for the shout anyway...

Well if you change your mind at a later date, it will be sitting gathering dust on my shelf.. £10 and its yours mate ;) (unless by that time its out on budget)

If you like MMORPG's that are space battle games, get Vendetta Online. I have never played it, but ive seen screenshots. ;) It looks awesome, like star wars starfighter only multiplayer.

You should try it

I know a massively multiplayer online role player game.Not like the ones you guys are talking about,and I think it is the best there ever is: www.kingsofchaos.com

SO ADDICTIVE
for those of you who wanna spend some seriously nice time play kings of chaos.I am waiting to see TechSpot Members of all rates playing this game:
Join officers under me,means I am your commander:
My account is hadoud76
ANyway you'll know that you'll need a commander...Please MOI!If you want any help in the game Id be glad TO ANSWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back