Max resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHATMAN5050

The resolution on my computer right now is 1280 by 1024 pixels and i'd like to take it up to 1600 by 1200 or even 1792 by 1344 but when i set it to those, u cant see the whole thing on the monitor, meaning that u have to sort of scroll ur screen by moving the mouse, like anyone who ever played Command and Conquer: Red Alert. Any ideas? Does my monitor not support anything larger do u think?

Are you using a standard windows monitor driver, like Plug & Play Monitor, or Standard VGA Monitor? I think these are limited to certain resolutions.

ATI cards have this "virtual desktop" thing but usually it can be disabled.
Sometimes, however, Window$ doesn't detect monitor's resolutions correctly, so you should change the monitor driver or use some kind of utility like Powerstrip.

I have a Samsung monitor (same brand as Phats I believe).
Runs 1600x1200 without a hitch in 98SE.
See if you can get a driver from Samsung for your monitor (if you don't have one already) and check out the virtual desktop suggestion by Mict ;)

Also you have multiple OS's running on your PC don't you?
Which one are you having the problem in? All of them? Or just one...

Alright guys, i got it working thankfully...

I had to go to Display properties>Settings>Advanced>Displays>Monitor>Uncheck 'Use DDC Information' and then enter in the information i wanted. Seems like a lot just to change the display huh, lol. Anyways, thanks for all the info, and thanks for the program mictlantecuhtli but unfortunately it doesnt work in WinNT even though i have WinXP Pro but o well. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back