Me hard drive's going soft!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlB

Hi, fairly new to Tech Spot so I hope I have posted this in the right place (appologies if not)
I have an omnibook XE2-DC with a whoping 6Gb of hard drive. I desperatley need to increase this (dont want to change my laptop, become attached!)
Would anyione know what the max HD would be (HP wont guarantee it working with anything other than 6GB but I have seen on the net 40Gb drives available)
Money is at a premium so budget option is what I need, either external HD or new one I can fit into Caddy.
Any advice or suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks
Carl.

If you need to just more space for documents and the like (not program storage), you might want to consider a USB flash drive. 1GB models can be had for under $75, 256MB models are around $20. These are easily attached to your laptop's USB port.

Check at Newegg.com

Cheers for reply, I had previously not thought of flash drive.
Only problem I can see is only have 1 usb port and printer/scanner needs that. would you know any way of either connecting printer in a different way or is there anything that will act as 2nd usb port. :grinthumb

CarlB said:
Cheers for reply, I had previously not thought of flash drive.
Only problem I can see is only have 1 usb port and printer/scanner needs that. would you know any way of either connecting printer in a different way or is there anything that will act as 2nd usb port. :grinthumb

I recently bought a 4 port USB hub that doesn't require power. Love it, but I would recommend one that has a power cord. Sometimes if you try to run some things on it that also don't have a power cord you get an error saying there isn't enough power on the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back