Memory Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently upgraded my memory with 4 sticks of Crucial Ballistix 2gb DDR2 800Mhz 4-4-4-12.

On the spec, it recommends they run at 2.0v, so I pulled out my old memory and installed the 8 gig of crucial, went into the bios and changed the settings from auto to DDR2 800 and 2.0v

My computer has been running fine for the past 4 days then suddenly an error box popped up that said something about memory error and then it crashed to the blue screen of death with some memory error codes. The computer then would not boot, it would bring up the windows loading logo the crash to bsod every time.

I tried re setting the memory settings to auto, tried reduing the voltage but could not get the computer to boot. Removed 2 sticks of memory and the computer almost booted, got to the desktop but then memory error popped up and computer crashed to bsod. would not boot.

put the 2 old 1gb sticks of DDR2 667 back in and pc works fine

Has the memory died? are the settings wrong? I'm confused why I suddenly had a problem after 4 days of working fine.

I used to have 4 sticks of ddr2 667 running but 1 of them failed. Could I have a problem with the motherboard damaging the modules??

Any help is really appreciated, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back