Mic is picking up desktop audio?

So, I have a G430 headset, and on Discord my friends keep telling me they can hear the songs or game audio from my PC. I've tried looking into it, changing settings, messing with properties and such, but to no avail. I've noticed that online mic recorders pick up songs but software like Audacity do not. I've noticed months back that discord says that I'm speaking even though my mic was physically off, so I thought it was game audio somehow being picked up, then after asking friends they always said they didn't hear anything... But now they do? Help pls

Are you using the usb adapter that come with it? I have that headset and using the adapter screwed it up. If you are using the usb adapter, try using just the aux ports.

Are you using the usb adapter that come with it? I have that headset and using the adapter screwed it up. If you are using the usb adapter, try using just the aux ports.
So, yes I used the usb adapter, and switching to aux port actually fixed some issues I didnt even know existen... but, it didnt fix this one. The issues it fixed was when blowing air into the mic I could hear it in my headphones. Also GHUB no longer recognizes the headphones and im guessing since im using the aux port I cant use surround sound.

Yes, it will no longer recognize the headphones. It could be that the volume is just too high, or the mic sensitivity is too high. Make sure your mics and headphones are correctly configured. To do this, go to search bar, type in "sounds" and open it up. Also, you can still use surround sound with aux port. Just make sure mono audio is off. I can also help you configure your audio drivers and surround sound settings if you need help.

Back