Microphone is not producing my voice at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallToArms

First off, here is my computer MOBO specs.
Model - BIOSTAR TForce TF570SLI
Audio Chipset - Realtek ALC888
Audio Channels - 8 Channels
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813138059
there is the newegg page it is on.
Anyway, i downloaded the latest drivers from Realtek's site. Updated my BIOS and plugged the mic into the rear pink slot. Which worked on all past computers. But not this one. I go into ventrilo to test out my mic and all i get is blank sounds, backround white noise type stuff. So it produces a noise which tells me that the mic is functional. Before I even got it to work, although my yell came out as a whisper. So i changed that and now cant remember how to get back that far lol. Anyone have any ideas? Feel free to ask me any questions, ill be on for another hour.

ok i just went to speech in control panel and then to speech recognition tab and under microphone i clicked "Audio Input..." then properties and then changed my audio input to Stereo Mix. I am now hearing the sounds on my computer like the error noise that windows makes and the click when i hold the talk button on ventrilo but not my own voice. What now...

You may need to use Realtek's sound manager to setup the slot as a mic slot. In fact I have the same audio card, you can actually use any slot you want for mic as long as you set it up in the manager.

When you plug in the mic it should pop up asking what you just plugged in. At least with my version of the drivers.

wow man, i cant thank you enough, my pink slot must have just not been working. I had it plugged in there as a mic slot, changed it to blue and it worked! You are a godsend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back